Which Window Blinds are Best for Room Darkening and Blackout?
Do you have a media room that you’d like to control light in?
Do you work nights or just like to have your room completely dark to help you sleep?
There are several ways that you can achieve room darkening or blackout properties in your Hunter Douglas blinds:
- Add a room darkening liner to a shade. The liner can be sewn onto the shade or operate independently.
- Select a metal or wood blind with the de-Light™ feature (covers where the cords come through to minimize light)
- Black out roller shades are another option. Roller shades come is a wide variety of fabrics from semi-opaque to opaque to the complete darkness offered by black out shades.
- The Silhouette® Duolite® is a good option if you want a more versatile shade. These shades are two shades in one which have a regular shade on the outside and an independently operated room-darkening roller shade behind it to control light and privacy.
- The Vignette® Duolite®is another light filtering/room darkening option. The front shade can be sheer or light filtering, while the back panel is room darkening and both roll on a single roller. This allows you to either filter or darken a room with the same shade.
- Cellular shades offer room darkening properties along with many other benefits including insulation and energy efficiency. Selecting a Duette LightLock™ system allows you to deflect light using a single shade.
Hunter Douglas has many options, styles and fabrics/materials to choose from. You are sure to find what you need and what you love!
Call Aria On-Site today to schedule your free, no-obligation in-home consultation. Our knowledgeable sales staff will be happy to come to your home and help you select the room darkening options that are best for you.